Frequently Asked Questions
VoiceComputer and Intag are add-ons for Dragon and Windows Speech
VoiceComputer and InTag work with all versions of Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10-15
InTag also works with Windows Speech Recognition.
Desktop and laptop computers work well with voice recognition. It is very important to have the right computer components for Dragon to run efficiently. To ensure fast response times, we recommend:
- An Intel i3, i5, i7 or equivalent
- 7200 rpm hard drive or faster (5200 rpm hard drive is okay for a laptop
- 8+ GB of memory for Win7, Win8, Win10 64-bit, 4 GB of memory for Windows 32 bit
- Windows 7, 8 or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit), .
- Storage device (USB/ CD Burner /Network) for backing up voice files.
- An available USB port for sound pod.
- A high-quality microphone and USB sound pod.
Our new Intag speech interface makes it easy to learn how to control your computer by voice. Our VoiceComputer program will get you started and help you master VoiceComputer and Dragon. A single voice command anywhere, anytime, gives you the information you want, right alongside your applications, without losing your place or covering up your work.
If you're just getting started with voice recognition, you should know that other computer programs may be more difficult to master than voice recognition. But no other program is as challenging to start with because you need to know what to say and when to say it. Once you turn on the microphone, the speech recognition program will do exactly what you tell it to. If you don't know what to say, you're in trouble.
VoiceComputer changes all this. Our Intag speech interface is now 'built-into' Windows. You no longer have to memorize hundreds of commands. Just follow the numbers embedded into Windows.
Even if you are a computer expert, you still need help. Other programs are more difficult to master than speech recognition, but no program is as tricky to get started with as speech recognition. We have seen dozens of computer programmers, network engineers, and computer techs waste dozens of hours trying to learn voice recognition by themselves and still fail to master it until they spent a few hours with our program. If you're a computer expert, you don't need to waste thousands of dollars on training, but you do need expert advice. VoiceCopmuter's training system will give you that.
VoiceComputer's Intag speech interface is now 'built-into' Windows. You no longer have to memorize hundreds of commands. Just follow the numbers embedded into Windows.
Users trying to learn Dragon NaturallySpeaking have the highest failure rate in the software industry. But VoiceComputer changes all that;
- VoiceComputer's new Intag interface is intuitive. You'll learn the basics of voice control in minutes. It will take a while to master Dragon. VoiceComputer allows you to learn voice recognition as you work. With VoiceComputer, when you want help, you ask for it. You get the information you need when you need it. VoiceComputer includes more than fifty lessons, twelve demonstrations, dozens of at-a-glance guides, a comprehensive index, and command list cheat sheets. Even if you are a computer expert, you still need help. We have seen dozens of computer programmers, network engineers, and computer techs waste dozens of hours trying to learn voice recognition by themselves and still fail to master it. If you're a computer expert, you don't need to waste thousands of dollars on training, but you need expert advice. VoiceComputer will give you that.
- ALTERNATIVES: You can spend thousands of dollars on one-to-one training, however, will you remember everything or even half of what they taught you? And, where will the teacher be when you run into a problem? (BTW, we provide excellent one-to-one training for those who need it, but we always provide The Voice Computer as a 24/7 teaching guide and help system for our students.)
- You can spend hours reading a book or viewing a video. Will you remember half of what was taught? Is it easy to find the help you want or more of a nuisance than it's worth? Simply, you won't bother or learn how to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking productively.
Yes! With your purchase of VoiceComputer you'll qualify for free updates (by download) until the next version of Dragon (Dragon usually releases a new version every 2 years). VoiceComputer has several updates a year and you can download them at your convenience.
Current release: 1.09
Date: December 1, 2018
- This release automatically configures both our Intags and mouse commands to your computer’s mouse settings (Primary button left, primary button right).
- Now you can configure Intags to turn off the automatic numbering of the Taskbar. (Configure VoiceComputer > Toggle Intags on Taskbar)
- When your computer loses focus, this release will place focus on the left center of your screen. Alternatively, you can configure VoiceComputer to display an Intag grid or to turn off the Intags. (Configure VoiceComputer > Toggle Intags on Taskbar)
- This release makes it easy to configure the VC Microphone. “Configure VoiceComputer” > Training/Configuration for the VC Microphone. ('Configure Microphone') and, if needed, to optimize it ('Optimize Microphone')
- This release adds ‘Toggle for 10’ and ‘Toggle for 20’. These commands turn off the Intags for 10 or 20 seconds. This lets you can issue commands without the Intags refreshing.
- This release adds ‘Toggle Overlay’, ‘Overlay for 10’, ‘Overlay for 20’, and ‘Click <1-10> on Overlay’ commands. Our Overlays let you easily access and control previously inaccessible programs. But, they can also be used for accessing inaccessible menus and controls on otherwise accessible applications. These commands let you enjoy the complete accessibility provided by our Overlays while controlling your applications with Intags. Learn more. See Section 3 in our “Show Overlay Lesson.”
- This release fixes minor bugs and updates our documentation.
- This release supports all releases of Dragon 12-15 and it will support Dragon 16 if and when it's released (summer of 2019?)
Last release: 2.06
Date: April 23, 2018
Now you can enjoy fast and easy control of your desktop because our newest release continuously numbers the applications and controls on your Windows taskbar / system tray. Switch to open applications with the “Task x” command, where x is the task you wish to switch to. Switch to an application and position it on the desktop with the Task x left’ or ‘Task x monitor two’.
An improved and simplified VC Microphone for hands-free computing. Now requires only one command. A new log file makes it easy to configure.
Added a configurable timer to the VoiceComputer's open Dragon user profile window that can be set to 1-30 seconds.
Added “Pick” command to Intags. Can use this when Dragon is displaying numbers on the screen.
Added “task 5 <max, maximized"
'Place <1-50> on monitor 2 / on monitor 1 now maximizes the Window as it positions it on the monitor.
<Mouse down, mouse up> <1-50> commands now work on a second monitor
Fixed an intermittent problem of Intags continuing to display in Overlays. (difficult to duplicate!)
Added task <1-50> <upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right> commands
Configure VoiceComputer' now lets you configure the size, color, background color and transparency of My Intags (Overlays).
New 'File Save Max' command. This is a Save As command that automatically maximizes Windows Explorer, letting you easily browse through your files and folders.
New set of alternative commands for our Dictation box so you can dictate into inaccessible applications or web pages.
Last release: 2.20.5
Date: July 6, 2017
Adds support for Dragon 15 with updated documentation and help screens.
Makes your inaccessible applications accessible with these enhancements:
1. Create Window specific overlays for your inaccessible applications that use different Window names for different pages. Once you create an overlay for a specific Window, the window is accessible whenever you switch to it.
2. Name your overlays for inaccessible applications. Many databases have only one Window name for the entire application. Now you create up to 50 overlays for an application and name each one of them, making it easy to specify the overlay you want.
Configure both our Intags and our mouse commands for left or right-handed mouse use. (works with left or right button configured as primary button in Windows)
Makes your PDF forms and Word templates (configured as [compatibility mode] accessible. For best results, zoom in and try different views.
Lets you configure our mouse and Windows placements for any arrangement of monitors that you wish. (e.g., laptop users can now configure the laptop screen as the 1st, 2nd or 3rd monitor)
Added ‘Drag mouse to’ VoiceMouse commands to let you drag and drop with the Screen Grid open.
The idea behind VoiceComputer was to build the ultimate desktop experience. We re-invented/re-engineered computer control to take the repetitive out of repetitive stress, the stress out of repetitive computing.
Now you use voice control instead of your mouse or touchpad or use your voice in conjunction with your mouse/touchpad.
We make accessibility simple and productive.