Announcing VoiceComputer 2019, version 1.31

Using The Voice Computer add-on for Dragon NaturallySpeaking and WSR
RonK

Post by RonK » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:01 am

On 2/23, we released VoiceComputer and VoiceComputer Lite, version 1.31, the most recent in a series of improvements that we've been working on for the last several months.

This release helps with the Window's loss of focus problem (see Sections 6 & 7 in Show Intag Lesson), letting you maintain easy control of the computer with our Intags.
This release improves the Task #, Task # commands and the place Window commands, bringing you the fastest control of the Windows Desktop ever.
The release also improves how our Voice Mouse commands and our screen grid work with our Intag technology and updates dozens of lessons.
This release lets you import your overlays, custom commands, voice shortcuts, etc. from previous releases.

This release cleans up small bugs, lessons, and updates or removed all the old dlls (dynamic link library files used for holding multiple codes and procedures for Windows programs).
We've also updated the 'Search VoiceComputer' command.

If you've upgraded to VoiceComputer 2019, you'll be receiving an email with a link to the update.
Or, you can follow the link that you received with your order.

To purchase VoiceComputer 2019 or an upgrade, please visit our store at:

VoiceComputer, the easiest-to-use, most comprehensive, hands-free and fastest way to control your computer by voice.

RonK2019-02-23 21:53:56

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:31 pm

I installed the latest version of VoiceComputer, which appears to be version 1.25. However, when trying to determine whether the correct version number was installed by dictating "show VoiceComputer version" or going to the control panel the version number indicates version 1.15, not 1.25. Kindly advise if this needs to be downloaded again in order to get version 1.25.

RonK

Post by RonK » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:58 pm

You need to download the link again. Sorry, we've had several downloads in the last few weeks (and I think we're done for a while).

The version should read 1.2.5, even on the downloaded zip file.

Thomas Reid

Post by Thomas Reid » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:25 am

I installed version 1.25. I uninstalled the previous version before doing so.

Problems:
when I say mouse 5 (any number, same problem), voicecomputer restarts, causing the grid to disappear. It appears that voicecomputer attempts to restart several times before settling down. If I issue the mouse command again, I get the same reaction.

I also lost the "position window center" (any other position, fails as well) command.

I just reloaded my 2018 version, all seems well again.

What do you advise?

Thomas Reid2019-02-06 15:27:57

Speech1965

Post by Speech1965 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:35 am

Thomas,

Not sure what is causing this, but isn't "mouse 5" a built in Dragon MouseGrid command, which places the cursor in the center?

Rob

Thomas Reid

Post by Thomas Reid » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:56 am

Yes, that's right. It's just a shortcut for the full mousegrid command. It works perfectly fine in the 2018 version.

RonK

Post by RonK » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:12 am

I don't know what's causing the Mouse # problem. I can't duplicate it.

Is the VC icon in the middle of the screen?

Don't waste your time with the Dragon Mouse commands.

VoiceComputer's mouse commands are much faster and more comprehensive.

To see our mouse commands, say, "Show Mouse Commands"

> I also lost the "position window center"

Sorry ... we reduced the number of commands.

The current command is 'Place Window center/left/right/monitor two...'
With prior releases, you could also say, Position window right, put window right.
(We need a better way to let our users know that we reduced the number of ways you can say some of our commands.)

The basic problem is that VoiceComputer has a lot of useful commands. But if we keep adding commands, we'll slow down Dragon.

However, by reducing the number of alternative ways of saying a command, we can add more different types of commands instead of different ways of saying the same command. With Dragon, we can't do both.

RonK2019-02-06 18:17:08

Thomas Reid

Post by Thomas Reid » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Thanks Ron,

I reloaded the new version. I had not been using the voicecomputer mouse grid system. I appreciate you pointing that out, I can see its value. I'm using that now.

I am not sure what you mean by seeing the VC icon in the middle of the screen?

I have no problem at all with changing the command to move the window by using the keyword Place instead of Position. For me, that is a very useful function. Just glad we did not lose that capability.

By the way, initially, the mouse command (mouse #) worked just fine after the re-installation. However, after about an hour it has reverted to the description I gave yesterday. Now that I have a better way of doing it, not a big deal. Just seems strange.

Thank you again for the very quick response to my issue, and again for the product!

Thomas Reid2019-02-07 09:21:07

RonK

Post by RonK » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 am

> However, after about an hour it has reverted to the description I gave yesterday.
> Now that I have a better way of doing it, not a big deal. Just seems strange.

It is strange. Maybe I could log into your computer sometime next week. I'd really like to see what's going on!

Thomas Reid

Post by Thomas Reid » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 am

That would be fine.