Questions about Intags

Using The Voice Computer add-on for Dragon NaturallySpeaking and WSR
dbassman

Questions about Intags

Post by dbassman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:49 am

Speech1965, thanks for posting the video it was a big help… I guess I missed the end of your sentence in the instructions where you said AFTER the 1st line and I just put it right below .

I found one problem though, if there is already a highlighted line item selected no matter what number you tell it to delete, it will always delete the selected line. See attached video, you may have to turn up the sound as I'm a quadriplegic and have a quiet gravelly voice:

dbassman2019-12-03 13:51:51

Speech1965

Questions about Intags

Post by Speech1965 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 am

I'm not sure what causes this behavior but I have a feeling that it is worth a try to first set your Windows Explorer Windows to "List view" instead of "Details view" I found that Intags work more reliably this way.

I also see that you set the Intag size relatively high compared to the Explorer font size. Was this done for visibility reasons? If not, you may want to size down Intags a little.

Another possible reason is the Windows Explorer Ribbon (explorerframe.dll) causing deviations. I permanently disable it with the program Ribbon Disabler to disable the ribbon in Explorer (as you can see in my videos). Disabling it will have no effect on the menu ribbons of MS Office, Paint or WordPad.

Not only will this speed up Explorer performance but there's a chance that Intags will be less confused on your system. If you like the tool then make sure to run it again after every major Windows 10 upgrade. And if you don't like to result you can always restore the ribbon again :-). You need to log out or reboot for the new settings to take effect.

Download link is a little bit hard to find sometimes: